Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 6

Well I'm goin to try to get this up to date. A majority of the verses for this day of reading were taken from the book of Job. Job 32:8 But it is a spirit in man and the breath of the Almighty that give him understanding. This really made me think that without Christ were are lost to the true way we are supposed to live. Christ created us but He lets us choose what we are going to do and it is not until we fully submit to Him will we understand what we need to do to achieve eternal riches. Job 32:18-22 For I am full of words, and my spirit compels me to speak. My heart is like unvented wine; it is about to burst like new wine skins I must speak so that I can find relief; I must open my lips and respond. I will be partial to no one, and I will not give anyone an undeserved title. For I do not know how to give such titles; otherwise, my maker would remove me in an instant. What a powerful passage. I would imagine all of us at one time have felt like this. Whenever our passions begin to take over in certain situations. These are the times that we need to rely on the Holy Spirt for both strength and wisdom. We have to be strong to not give in to our impulses and also to be wise in how to handle it. Got to remember to pray and slow it down. The other part of the passage to me reminds us that no matter what we might think of someone we all need salvation and we need to engage all people to ensure they know the way. Job 34:3 Doesn't the ear test words as the palate tastes food? Great life lesson that we all need to learn. We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. The final verse from Job is found in chapter 36 verse 5: Yes, God is mighty, but He despises no one; He understands all things. A great description of the incredible God that we serve. He can do everything and gave all but doesn't hate us for being worthless sinners. The final verse I'm going to post is Matthew 16:24-26. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will find it. What will it benefit a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his life? Or what will a man give in exchange for his life? I love how matter of fact Christ spoke to people. He completely lays out the way we all need to live or lives. He wants us to know that no matter what we gain here on earth it is not going to help us get to Heaven. Only when we deny ourselves and give to and love others will we experience true joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment