Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 5b

Well it has been more than awhile since my last post!  I knew this was gonna happen but I am trying!  Lots of things have changed in my life since my last post.  I even changed the name of the blog!  For what Christ has done for me and what I learn from His book I felt the new title fit better!  During this section of reading I came across a verse from the book of Job chapter 28 verse 28.  'The fear of the Lord-- that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding'.  Very simple but yet very powerful!  A great way to try to lead my life doesn't happen all the time but I try and pray for forgiveness and understanding.  This also goes with another verse found in Proverbs 1:7  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.  So its not saying that you need to be afraid of the Lord but you need to study Him, His ways, and teachings to gain the knowledge to survive and live a fruitful life.  This last verse means a lot to me because it was brought to me by a wise person who was a  life changing walk with me!  It really helps to understand this verse and apply to it to other scriptures.  During the parable of the sower Christ is talking and this verse in Matthew 13:9 "He who has ears, let him hear" stood out to me.  Instead of the disciples or the crowd I can envision Christ saying that to me.  He wants us so bad and all we have to do is listen and accept Him!  Later on in Matthew Christ is again talking to his disciples about the Pharisees.  It starts is 15:11 "Listen and understand.  What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean' but what comes out of his moth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'"  He continues in 13 "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.  Leave them; they are blind guides.  If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."    The way that Christ spoke and explained things were always so to the point.  Another lesson that I have been working on.  As a christian I need to try to surround myself more with positive uplifting things then abrasive things.  When I do go to church, keep up with my reading plan or the list goes on I feel more whole and at peace.  When I venture off and make up excuses for not doing things that's when satan creeps up and makes my life hell!  So I just once again want to say thank you Father, you are an amazing and unchanging God and I love you!
PS-Well after looking I have already done day 5, so this is Day 5b oh well

1 comment: