Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 5

Well here I sit looking at the verses that I wrote down during my reading section.  In the last month or so I have heard several people talk about taking scripture out of context.  I am a little confused by that.  What I am doing is a 90 day reading plan, while reading when a verse sticks out or opens my eyes to something I write it down in a notebook.  Then I come here type it out and attempt to make sense of it to me.  So if I take something out of context or something comment and let me know so I can learn more about this great Manual that has been given to us by the Almighty!  My first verse comes from Job which to me has been a great read!  It is found in the 28th chapter and verse: And he said to man, 'The fear of the Lord- that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding.'"  This is a great way to live.  Our Lord is in charge of everything and we should fear Him and when try to eliminate evil in any form we begin to understand His way even if it is unclear to us.  Next I came across a verse in Matthew that was from Jesus talking to a huge crowd in a parable of a sower.  I wish I could have experienced some of these talks and parables.  He just broke it down to very simple things that the crowd were very familiar with so they would understand and still hold very true today.  This verse is Matthew 13:9  He who has ears let him hear.  It does not get any simpler than this you hear this message of a farmer spreading his seed and the only place that it succeeded with great results was where it fell on good soil.  So I believe that you need to hear His Word and listen then it grow in your soul.  But for the growing cycle to produce a crop like Jesus was talking about we as believers have to share His message with everyone we come in contact with.  Which I will be honest is a little hard unless you think about what Jesus went through for us to hear/have it.  Jump ahead a couple of chapters to 15 there are a couple verses: 11 + 13-14  What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him unclean.  He replied, " Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.  Leave them; they are blind guides.  If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."    He goes on to explain in in verse 18 "But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean.  Once again a very simple example that really strikes me.  I have a real problem with what comes out of my mouth, I try hard and pray but at times it's just there.  Its like an old boss told me once you have two ears and one mouth use them proportionally but to add to it when you do speak make sure it glorifies the one who died trying to save you!  Once again Father I want to thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment