Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 4

Today I am starting out in Matthew.  Right now Jesus is talking to his 12 and preparing them to be sent out.  There are some pretty powerful things here chapter 10 verses 32+33:  "Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge him before my Father in heaven,  But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven."  I can picture the 12 surrounding Jesus as he spoke these words to them.  This is a huge promise that He gives us.  All He asks is that we spread His word and love to all and in return He will intercede with the Father and give us eternal life.  I admit I fail in doing this at times and am sorry Jesus.  He paid the ultimate price and all I have to do is spread the word, I will get better.  Another passage in Matthew is found in chapter 12 verses 36-37.  Jesus says "but I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word they have spoken.  For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."  These verses here really speak to me because I have a short fuse and quick to anger.  I also in those moments let out "careless"  words.  But I continue to pray for both forgiveness and for a longer fuse.  I believe that the more I pray and read His word the easier it is going to get to erase those moments! So Father please forgive me and continue to give me the strength to not give in to temptation and hold my tongue.  Now my reading moved to the Old Testament book of Job 19:25  I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.  That is inspirational because Job has been put through several horrible things has been repenting and having a discussion/argument with friends that are failing to console him.  Even in total anguish and in the heat of an argument Job still knows that in the end Christ lives and that He will come back and save those that believe in Him.  A couple of chapters later 22:21-22  Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this prosperity will come to you.  Accept instruction from His mouth and layup his words in your heart.  This was spoken to Job by one of his friends.  Once again we see how consistent the Bible is no matter where you read.  Jesus and heaven is our ultimate prize but it is just not given to us.  We need to believe in him and follow his word then the Kingdom will be given to us. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how you break it down and apply it to your own life...your are an inspiration!! xoxo H

    ReplyDelete