Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 1

In my first day of 90 going through Christ's word I came across a couple verses that stuck out to me on issues I have a hard time with.  The first verse is found in Genesis 4:6-7  Then the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry?  Why is your face downcast?  If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?  But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it deserves to have you, but you must master it.  Wow, the Lord always just lays it out simply right?  I myself have an issue with anger and it changing my entire mood or day.  From these verses I realize that if I do what He wants me to and live pure than he will accept me.  On the other hand if I swerve off onto how I want to do things and give in to the anger then sin and satan have won that battle.  So I need to master the things that cause my anger and open to Him to help me through it and not give in!  Another couple verses come from the book of Job 5:17+18  Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the almighty. For He wounds, but he also binds up; He injures, but His hands also heal.  I honestly wish I would have heard this scripture several months ago.  That is when I was diagnosed with testicular cancer.  I still can not believe that CANCER is now associated with me forever.  Crazy one day everything was normal and the next Im told I have cancer.  Im not sure why I got it or is anyone for that matter.  But reading these words over and over it makes a little more sense.  It is like He wants us to remember that He is there and that we can not make it through without Him.  I am excited about this!!  I already feel better, reading His word, taking my notes, then transferring it here!  Thank you Father God for everything and please do not stop Your work is amazing and undeserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment