Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 2

A verse I came across during my reading comes from the book of Job.  This book is an incredible chronicle of a man who had everything then the Lord let Satan take it all away.  Then it moves to a conversation between Job and three friends who believe Job must have done something wrong.  From what I have read Job not one time chose the easy way of cursing God and giving up which most including me would in that situation. I want to share Job 8:5-7  But if you look to the God and plead with the Almighty, if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your rightful place.  Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.  I think that if you lead a pure life and follow the Lord that at judgement day the Lord will let you into heaven!  Our time here on earth is nothing compared to what awaits us in heaven.  My reading then went to the New Testament book of Matthew chapter 6 verses 22 and 34:  "the eye is the lamp of the body.  If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light  34: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  This whole section of Matthew was Jesus trying to explain that Heaven is a Christian's ultimate reward!  If we follow His instructions and do not worry He will take care of the rest.  This really takes a burden off of me every time I read it!  I always worry about things instead of just trusting Him.  Basically follow God, give Him all, trust Him and you have no worries that is just incredible!!  I just need to remember that, please forgive me Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment