Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 3

Well today I have to decided to post to Facebook so everyone I know will know who much I love Christ and want to learn more about Him to help me, my family, and whoever else comes in contact with it.  I am going to try to stay on track we'll see!  Today I am in the book of Genesis and the Lord is talking to Abram not yet Abraham but it also will inspire anyone to want to follow Him!! Genesis 12:3 "I will bless those who bless you; and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."  What an incredible promise to be given!  We as Christians are definitely on the right side of the battle!!   A couple of chapters later 15:1 "Do not be afraid, Abram.  I am your shield, your very great reward."    Its just amazing how once you start reading how God opens your eyes to messages and how they are linked to others throughout his great word!  This sounds a lot like what His Son Jesus was trying to explain to His disciples in Matthew!  Which is where the next verses come from.  Matthew 7: 3-5  " Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?  How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a lank in your own eye?  You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will clearly see to remove the speck from your brother's eye."  What a statement, I know that I struggle with this, which is what makes reading this great!  Every time a problem shows up Jesus shows me a way to fix it and make my life easier.  I need to make sure I am following Him and not jump and judging others.  He follows that up with this in verses 7+8  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."  Yet another way Jesus wants us to know that here and now on the Earth is just a glimpse and that Heaven is our eternity and true joy is found thru Him.  A final couple of verses that struck is Matthew 9: 37-38 Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."   He wants us to get to know Him and create a relationship, then go out and find those who do not know Him.  Another struggle of mine because I feel that I constantly am falling short of what He expects of me.  At the same time though it realistically as simple as just stopping and talking to people and showing them that I care! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome babe...Are you following the reading plan from church or just following where it leads you? H

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reading plan in the back of the bible that I am trying to follow and stay on track....we'll see!

    ReplyDelete